What Is Paid Advertising?
Paid advertising is any type of advertising that you have to pay a fee for. It is often contrasted with SEO which does not require any direct payment to search engines. Often, the price marketers pay for an ad is decided through an online auction process.
There are several categories of paid advertising:
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
- Pay-Per-Impression (PPI),
- Display Ads
The Importance of Paid Advertising in Marketing
Paid advertising requires a budget and regular investment, but it's also often a lot more effective at driving conversions than many other kinds of marketing. You can really expand your brand reach with paid ads.
Paid advertisements are typically shown to users on the side, top, or bottom of web pages – for example, in the case of banner ads. Advertisers can pay more to have their promotions included in more mainstream sites to boost site traffic.
The various classes of paid advertisements — PPC, PPI, and display ads — also enable marketers to customize their ad campaigns according to their brand needs.
You can use Instagram and Facebook to run paid ads and target viewers from specific demographics.
5 Steps to Getting Started with Paid Ads
- Use Long-Tail Keywords: utilizing long-tail keywords effectively will help you to reach searchers more effectively by targeting the best-value search terms.
- Understand the Different Types of Paid Ads: To most efficiently utilize the benefits of paid advertising, you should understand the different types of paid ads. After that, decide which kind would best suit your brand in terms of bringing in the most sales.
- Track Your Paid Ad Results: To measure whether your ads are even working (boost your business sales), you must track their effectiveness. You can do this via specific metrics, such as clickthrough rate and conversions.
- Create a Landing Page for Ads: When a person clicks on your ad, where would they be directed? One of the first steps of creating a working ad is to connect it with an attractive landing page that is primed for conversions.
- Review Your Paid Ad Results Regularly: Once you’ve created and published your ads, don’t forget to check up on them! Sometimes, ads need to be regularly updated or rotated to keep them interesting and appealing to different potential customers.